Saturday, November 22, 2014

Autumn Holiday, Part IV: London!

backdated 11 October 2014

I love London, always have.  From my first travels there in imagination by way of Dickens, Austen, Oscar Wilde, Mary Poppins, Ballet Shoes, Peter Pan, and dozens of others in literature and film- I have loved it.  In 2006 when I finally stepped foot on London's streets and in her parks with my new husband, just passing through on our way to Italy, I could have pinched myself a thousand times; it was too big, a gift.  One of my girlish dreams had come true and it was surreal.  I suppose it's completely silly and trite, but I don't care!

This time we drove to London to begin our travels to the Continent and eastward.  And, I am still in awe that we live in Scotland, which is a dream itself, and can drive to London or France and everything beyond (funds pending, of course.)  So, as proper order befits we shall begin where we began: in London.





Buckingham Palace


London Olympics Pool: I have literature, Jonathan has swimming pools.


Big Ben (the bell inside the clock of course.)











No comments:

Post a Comment